As a Relationship Counselor and Clinical Sexologist, I often hear couples express their concerns about having children in Singapore. Raising children in today’s world can be a challenge due to the many changes in society.
Parents must be aware of the:
- Increased access to technology, the prevalence of social media, and the ever-changing cultural norms.
- The potential for cyberbullying, online predators, and other dangers that come with the internet.
- The potential for their children to be exposed to inappropriate content, as well as the need to monitor their children’s online activity.
- Importance of their children’s physical health and safety, as well as their emotional and mental health.
With so many potential risks and challenges, it is important for parents to stay informed and take an active role in their children’s lives, and a decision to have children is one not to be taken lightly.
With the current budget incentives for couples and those having kids in Singapore, it is important to understand how these incentives can help couples manage their finances and plan for the future. The increase in the Baby Bonus Cash Gift and paternity leave are likely to make a difference to couples who already have children and are looking to have more.
Even with these budget incentive, the stress of inflation is a very real concern. Inflation can have a significant impact on a couple’s sex life. When couples are struggling financially, they may feel stressed and overwhelmed, leading to a decrease in intimacy and sexual desire. This can lead to feelings of resentment and disconnection, which can further strain the relationship.
Have honest discussions around:
- Finances and how they can best manage their money. This includes discussing how they will handle any unexpected expenses, such as medical bills, or how they will save for the future. Setting a budget together can help couples understand their financial goals and make sure they are on the same page. Having a plan in place can help alleviate stress and provide couples with a sense of security.